Sunday, December 22, 2019

Lily Needs a Kidney to Live. You can Help Us Find Her Donor by Sharing This Post

I am Lily and I need a kidney to live.  You can help me by sharing this post.  I'm not asking for your kidney, just that you share this post.

How to Help Me:
You can help me simply by sharing this SaveLily.com on Facebook.  Together we can find that angel able to do the extraordinary by giving the gift of life to save me. Sharing this post is like throwing a life preserver into the water to save my life.  I'm not asking you to jump into the water with me.  I'm just asking you to throw me that life preserver in your hands.  Just toss it in by publicly sharing this post.


Just Throw Me a Life Preserver by Sharing This Post

About Me:
I work as Program Director of the Cahn Fellows Program for Distinguished Principals at Teachers College, Columbia University.  Previously I was an elementary school principal in lower Manhattan at P.S. 130.

My work with children all of my life has been my most rewarding experience, and I want to continue working in that field for a long time.



https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?s=100&p%5BSaveLily%5D=Google&p%5Bsavelily.com%5D=https%3A%2Fwww.google.com

 My hobby is playing mellophone with the NY Skyliners Drum & Bugle Corp alumni.  I've been a life-long drum corps fan and participant.  And now I need a kidney to help me continue making music.
That's Me on Mellophone with the World Famous
New York Skyliners Drum & Bugle Corps Alumni

What Happened to Me:
My kidney problems were discovered during a routine physical exam.  My case of kidney disease grew progressively worse over the past 5 years and I am now in Stage 5 kidney failure. My family members were all medically disqualified from donating due to their own health issues.

You can help me simply by sharing this SaveLily.com on Facebook or other social medium.  Together we can find that angel able to do the extraordinary by giving the gift of life to save me.

Share to Help Me Now:
Please take a few minutes to tell the world about Lily and this website:

    •     Email: Send this website to your friends by email. 



    •     Facebook: Post a small public note on Facebook with a link to this website.

          Share it to public, not just your friends (so your friends' friends can see it).

    •    Tell your Friends: Ask your friends and contacts to share this post.

For Information about Kidney Donation:
To be connected with a professional at Weill Cornell with whom you can speak confidentially and without obligation please contact:

Sophie Schacter
Transplant Coordinator
New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
525 East 58th Street, New York, NY
SJS9018@NYP.org
212-746-3525

Marian Charlton

Chief Transplant Coordinator

New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center

525 East 58th Street, New York, NY

MBC2001@NYP.org
212-746-1742



or



Connect through the

and identify me as the recipient
for whom you would like to donate your kidney
(that way you could donate a kidney
and I would get a kidney that best matches me,
even if it's not yours)

More Information:
1.  Download informational material.
2.  Read about being screened.
3.  Online Form to be screened.

 To be Contacted or Register to be Screened as a potential donor yourself.

Donors Can be Located Anwhere: Donors can donate at any of more than 90 hospitals throughout the U.S. that participate in the National Kidney Registry.

Donate a kidney?
I know it’s a lot to ask.  So I’m not asking.  But I am asking for your help in another way.  Even if you’re not a donor, I need you to spread information about my need by sharing this post.  Simply help me to spread the word by sharing this post.

The more people who know of my need, the better my chance is of reaching a person willing to save my life by being a kidney donor.  So, now it’s all about getting the word out.  Even if you can’t be a donor, you can be a donor-finder by sharing this post or URL.

A Donor's Motivation and Experience:

 Ned Brooks, Non-directed Kidney Donor

Founder of DonorToDonor.org
TEDx Talk on His Experience as a Donor

Basics of Living Donation:
When deciding whether to donate, it is important to understand all of the possible medical, psychological, and financial risks. It is okay for the donor to stop pursuing living donation at any point if they decide that it is not the right decision.

For a quick education about living donation, Basics of Living Donation by Explore Transplant, a national consortium of the leading experts in transplant and health literacy, who work to ensure that transplant patients and living donors can make informed treatment choices.


What if A Prospective Donor is Not a Compatible Match?
NY Presbyterian Weill-Cornell Medical Center is an NKR Center of Excellence where a willing but incompatible kidney donor who wants to see Lily get a kidney by donating their kidney to another person can do so.  That's called a Kidney Transplant Chain.  Such chains involve a pool of patients where each is paired with a donor willing to donate but who is incompatible because of differences in blood type or other tissue sensitivities.  Kidneys within the exchange are swapped among incompatible pairs to allow for more transplants.  That arrangement increases the number of transplants dramatically.  That saves many lives, and it could save Lily's life.

A paired kidney exchange, also known as a “kidney swap,” occurs when a living kidney donor is incompatible with the recipient.  If an incompatible donor wants to donate their kidney for Lily and is willing to participate in a donor swap, Lily's donor's kidney would be swapped with another donor's kidney that is incompatible with their recipient but whose kidney is compatible with Lily's body.  That saves two lives.
My family and I are hoping and praying that by sharing this website an angel somewhere will be moved to step forward as my donor.  All donor expenses* (medical, out of pocket, lost wages and the like) will be paid by insurance and by our family. 

Kidney Swaps and Chains Explained:

G. Tom Shires, M.D. Faculty Scholar in Surgery
Professor of Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College  

Help Us by Sharing: Even if you’re not a potential donor yourself, someone among your Facebook (and other) friends (or among their friends) might be so please take a moment to share this post to the public.
Shares = Action
and Action is what I need most now

Thank you,

Lily Woo




-------------------------

*About Costs: Reasonable cost reimbursement is legal.  Title III of The National Organ Transplant Act, 1984, Pub. L. 998-507, allows for reasonable payments associated with the removal, transportation, implantation, processing, preservation, quality control, and storage of human organs as well as for the expenses of travel, housing, and lost wages incurred by the donor of a human organ in connection with the donation of that organ.   While reimbursement of expenses is legal, payment for the acquisition of an organ is not.  In addition, our medical insurance covers the costs of medical care and hospitalization for the donor as well as for the recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment